Saturday, April 2, 2011

Constructing the perfect playlist

Have you ever made someone a mixed tape? And when i say mixed tape, i mean a music compilation. Because, obviously, no one makes "tapes" anymore. It could be on a cd now. I don't think i accept an mp3 playlist as a mixed tape. It's not permanent enough.
 I used to spend, literally, hours on a mixed tape. Each song had to blend perfectly into the next. I couldn't put a heavy song next to a light song, there had to be a gradual progression through the whole thing. And if there was kind of a theme to it, even better.
Probably one of my favorite creations was for my best friend, Emma, and I even made a cover and a case to it. The cover was a collage of various pictures of stuff we thought was funny. And we thought everything was funny. Comp-elation, volume one. I may have actually made a few copies of that cd. I don't think I ever made volume two. If there is still a copy of that somewhere, i would love to hear it. I'd like to think that i still love every single song on it.
Actually, today I am making Emma a new mixed tape. Tonight is her birthday party (come as your 7th grade self is the theme, i'll post pictures) and that will be part of her gift. Honestly, i don't even care if she hates every song on it (although i know she won't), i just LOVE making it.
If anyone wants me to make them a mixed tape, i would be honored. You just give me a holla.
Now i'm off to the grocery store and to Mom and Dad's to dig through my old clothes for my costume tonight. It's going to be amaaazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment