Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I have a quest to have a mic in my hand....

Welcome to this week's special hip hop edition of Go Eat Listen See. Hot weather makes me want a hot beat, so i've been listening to music appropriate to 70 and 80 degree weather...and in anticipation of 90 degree weather in Florida! Leaving tonight! Can't wait!
Have you heard the new Beastie Boys album yet? It is mothaflippin' phenomenal. It's called Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 and it's classic Beastie Boys hip hop. If you are a fan of the Boys, you shouldn't be disappointed. When i first heard "Make Some Noise" I thought i was hearing some forgotten track from Paul's Boutique.
I absolutely have to post the video for that song - check out the multiple cameos!
Aaaaand I can't not mention my favorite hip hop song of all time: Award Tour by A Tribe Called Quest. It's got such a sick beat and a smooth sound. Makes me think of my buddy Mike, who we lost in 2009. He used to rap this to me over the phone.

As i said above, Andriy and I are starting our trip to Florida tonight just as soon as he gets off work. I've got the car packed, ready to go. It's been a while since we took a trip and it's his first time to Florida, so i'm really excited!! In answer to your question, yes we are going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. And I'm sorry you're jealous, but i promise to post pictures! I'll think of you while i'm on the beach with my toes in the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment