Thursday, May 4, 2017

Let's form a new (good) habit

I really miss writing, and I think about doing it all the time, but then I don't do it because I don't take the time out of my day/week to do it.

I heard somewhere that in order to make something a habit, you should do it consistently for two straight weeks and then your mind and body will become accustomed to it and continuing the practice will be easy. I have found that to be mostly true so far, so I'm giving it a go.

So, don't expect anything spectacular out of it, but I am going to write a little something every day for the next couple of weeks to see if it sticks (I'm telling myself this mostly because I don't think anyone actually reads this.) As I said multiple times this past weekend (mostly about drinking water while drinking booze,): I won't regret doing this, but I might regret not doing it.

So, here's what's going on right now.
Andriy's at class, his last on location class of the semester (woohoo!) so I'm home alone. Well, with Frodo.
I'm waiting for dinner to cook, drinking a glass of wine (whatever we had open) and listening to music. I got this idea from Chris Hardwick where he makes a playlist for every year of his life. So, while he's, say, 42, if there is a song that catches his ear or that he's really digging at that time, he adds it to his "42" playlist. Right now I'm listening to and adding to my 35 playlist. Recent additions:
"Prisencolinensinainciusol" Adriano Celentano (what does that even mean? no idea, but the song's a jam.)
"Oogum Boogum Song" Brenton Wood (also such a jam)
"Pure Comedy" Father John Misty (which feeds my soul. It makes me sad and really pleased at the same time. like someone really gets how fucked up it is right now and I'm glad they do)
"Waiting Room" by Fugazi  (I totally forgot about Fugazi until recently I found a mixed tape that a boy had made with that song on it and I was like OH YEAH)
"Them Changes" Thundercat (this is the most recent addition to my 35 playlist, it is thanks to All Songs Considered and good luck not doing that shoulder move when you hear it)

BTW, what are your thoughts on Chris Hardwick? I guess lots of people think he's a total tool, which I kind of get. But I think I really like him. Even when he tries to psychoanalyze everyone on his podcast, I still forgive him. He means well.

Well, this was fun. I'm going to eat dinner and watch something with David Tennant in it.
I'll end this with a photo of me right now.







No comments:

Post a Comment